CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

EMYLEE'S SIXTEEN!

Emylee's sixteenth birthday was on the 21st, and we all had a great day, especially Em. Her birthday weekend started on Friday when she went out to dinner with a group of her friends. On Saturday we took her out for dinner and sushi with my parents, Joel's parents and Eryn & Russ. She started off her Sunday morning, her official birthday, by getting her gift....





Then she spent the afternoon with her mom and they had a family dinner for her. We then went to Joel's parent's house for cake and ice cream. I had ordered her a cake from my friend, Amilyn's sister-in-law in Shelley who makes wedding cakes. It turned out way cuter than I had imagined.









Notice the cute little candles that make the number 16, she created those out of frosting. The entire bow on top was also edible. Jefferson was waiting for his birthday to have his first taste of birthday cake, but since it was such a special day, he let Emylee give him his first and only bites of cake. I think he enjoyed it, I know the rest of us did. Not only did it look amazing, but it tasted really good too.





It was a perfect day. We are so lucky to have Emylee in our lives and love her so much!

3 comments:

The Van Leuven Family said...

I was so sad that I couldn't be there for her birthday, it sounds like you guys had a great time and my Mom is still talking about that cake. Give Jefferson a big squeeze from me for his birthday, oh and his card is going to be a little late, but I don't want you to think that we forgot about him.

Kristy said...

WOW!!! What a cool cake!

Bonnie Young said...

Wow, what a lucky girl to have so many who love and support her. The cake is so cool and it pink and brown, my favorite!!