CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 20, 2008

One of Those Days

In fact it's been more like one of those weeks. On Monday night Jefferson felt warm to me. On Tuesday my mom called and said he had a fever and she had given him some medicine. Tuesday night I took him to my Primary meeting, he felt warm and was fussy. His temperature was 101.7 when I got home and took it and he woke up four times during the night. Wednesday morning I came to work and was only here 15 minutes before I went home to take care of him and get my house ready for a jewelry party I was hosting that I had planned three weeks before. Before he went to sleep his temperature was 102 but he only woke up once during the night. Thursday morning Jefferson woke me up and he felt normal and was sitting in bed by me being his happy, normal self. I was so tired so I called in late for work and tried to get Jefferson down for a nap. After four tries I gave in and just laid down and held him and we both feel asleep in my bed. He felt warm again when he got up from his nap but Joel's mom Marty came to our house and watched him for me. I got to work a little after twelve and at about a quarter to three Joel called and said he was on his way home because Emylee was home and had called him to say Jefferson had thrown up. I called the doctor and left work. Luckily we were able to get into the doctor quickly. She said he has an ear infection and that his throat is a little pink and gave us an antibiotic (of course when we were at the doctor's office his temperature was only 98.4). We gave him the antibiotic last night and he didn't like that at all, he had to take a teaspoon and a half which seems like a ton for a baby. He was so tired and fought it but finally fell asleep a little before 8, just to wake up again at 10:30. I thought I could just feed him and lay him back down, but Jefferson thought otherwise. He finally fell asleep at 1:07am. He woke up once more in the night and then my alarm went off. As hard as these last few days have been for me, I know they've been even worse for Jefferson. We are all looking so forward to the weekend and a chance to relax and be home with nothing to do.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a terrible week. I hope Jefferson is feeling better. I just found your blog from Laura's. Hope things are going well.

Charity